Sunday, November 2, 2014

Boko Haram Claims To Have German Hostage,Denies Ever Having Any Ceasefire Talk With The Government

Book Haram claims to be holding a German hostage who was kidnapped from Adamawa State. Book Haram leader Abubakar Shekau made the announcement in  a video.                                              The kidnapping occurred on July 16 in the town of Gombe where the German national was reportedly a teacher at a government training center. The German Foreign Ministry has so far refused to comment on the video. The news comes after two Germans who were working in Nigeria for the construction company Julius Berger came under attack by gunmen on October 24. One was shot dead and the other taken hostage and later released.         German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier was in Nigeria just this past week to conduct talks with the government and business leaders. Shekau who claims in the video that they was no ceasefire between the government and boko haram,which the government had earlier said were in talks with to release more than 200 schoolgirls who were abducted from the town of Chibok.                                                "We did not negotiate with anyone...its's a lie. It's a lie. We will not negotiate. What is our business with negotiation? Allah said we should not".                                        "We have married the girls off. They are in their marital homes," Shekau reportedly says in the video while laughing.      

No comments:

Post a Comment